Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend Update...

To sum it up...it has potential. The new faire site is lovely (I've been there before for an SCA event) and we have had record patron numbers!

So I was at my first weekend of CTRF this weekend...

Friday
I was late! I went out of Thursday night with M =) We had a really nice time...cozy pub for dinner and a few beers...then Coldstohne Creamery =) Yummy!

I got home around midnight...and I had packed everything the day before...so I was good. BUT I woke up Friday morning to RAIN *damn*

Got in the car...and hit traffic! People driving 35 mph in the rain! I was suppose to get there around 8am...I got there at 8:45! The day itself was ok...I did a bit of henna...but at 11am...it started to POUR! Ice Cold rain with high winds...I thought my tent was going to blow away. I stood in the rain for 20 min...and got soaked to the bone! When it subsided...I packed everything up and as I was done (around 12:30-1pm) the sun came out!

oh well...I went back to Clodagh's house...took a hot shower...did a little shopping...took a NAP (much needed) for a couple of hours, then went to Japanese for dinner =) Then I tried to work on some homework...but then Jenness, Eilis and Joe showed up...and we chit chatted, and I helped Jenness wrap up her documentation for her Coronation project. Then everyone went to bed...and I stayed up until almost 2am finishing my homework!

Saturday
I got to the site...things are pretty dry (compared to Friday) and I had a pretty good day doing henna! I believe we had a record number of people come through the gate (3600)...which was awesome!

I also found out that LEIGH ANN is selling her fabulous pottery at faire! She does awesome work! I bought two mugs from her =) And Jeramiah was there, Maya, Angus and Ankara! I was so great seeing them all =)

Saturday night...I went back to Clodagh's house...took a nap...and OVERSLEPT and forgot to pick up Jacquie from Target! BAD GINA!!! I felt horrible...when I woke up (at 11:35pm and I was suppose to pick her up at 11pm) it was her getting home! Her co-worker dropped her off! I Feel awful! Then everyone got home from Coronation and I heard all about it...I missed a lot of fun =P

Sunday

Went to work in the rain while everyone was still asleep =(

Sunday was miserable! It rained ALL DAY! I did get to visit with a lot of people and I was better off than some...I had an opportunity to visit more with Leigh Ann. I'm so proud of her!!! She gave me a few pieces of pottery...and I dropped on of them (The MOST GORGEOUS one of course! and I felt so bad!)...I went back to her and asked her if she could make me another one!

All in all Sunday was a bust! Thank goodness I did decently on Saturday.

It was a long day though...I drove back to my house (b/c I forgot to pack clothes for work today) and dropped off some stuff)...and then I drove back to my parent's house...and I was in bed after 11pm!

What a long weekend!

Congrats again to Lucan and Yana on their Coronation...I hope they liked the gifts...and I hope we (Michel's apprentices) did a good job with our presentation of the Unicorn tapestries. I saw what Eilis, Demi and Clodagh did...they were FABU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home