Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tish is hitched!



Pictures from the big event can be viewed here!

It was a lovely affair...a little surprising at times, but fun =)

I was sitting a the table with Al, Henry, Gunther, Angie, Juliana and Mike. My "data" would have been Duke Andreas, but his son was sick =(


My "Date"



Al & Henry


I would say it was a psyuedo-renaissance wedding...some people were in garb...there were a LOT of SCAdians that weren't...it was an interesting mix. It was cool to discover that Alayne, Bridgette and family were the caterers!!! It was so cool! I got to raid the kitchen and take home leftovers! It was awesome...and it was of course awesome to see them...it has been quite a while! October I think! The not good surprising thing was to discover that Adam was a morman and was married in a Morman Church (AKA NO BOOZE or CAFFEINE!)!!! Can you believe it!?! A wedding without a stich of booze! Anyway we all made the best of it and the food more than made up for the fact...boy was the food AWESOME! Savory Cheese, roast pork, scotch eggs, bread and honey butter, turnip balls, chicken and noodles, mixed veggie and cheese platters, little pastries with beef and cheddar inside...did I mention savory cheese! It was divine!

And we did dance a bit...electric slide, macarena, you know..."wedding" dance songs...

The wedding ended about 6pm...so we (I drove out there with Erlan and Isabode) left...went back to Erlan's house, changed (except me b/c I didn't bring extra clothes with me) and went to the mall and saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It was a CGI flick that was pretty good!

I think I got home around 11:30pm...it was a very nice day...now I'm procrastinating over all the work I need to do...you know...the ususal...but it's such a NICE DAY OUTSIDE...until later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

The wedding looked like a lot of fun and tons of love. I am sorry to have missed you at Mudthaw but can totally see why you were not there. Not sure if the "Chair" as a date was a good or bad thing. Many times my dates have had just as much to say - so who knows. ;- /

michel

12:29 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

LOL...tell me about it!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

You think a Mormon, drink free, caffeine free wedding is an interesting idea, you should try throwing a Mormon, drink free, caffeine free bachelorette party. Wow! But go figure, they insisted on a stripper!
I still don't understand. :)
I was sneaking smokes and beer on the back porch. lol!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

at my wedding i was locked in a room the size of a closet for 4 hours - waiting for new inlaws to show up from africa. Needless to say my best friend got me this huge bottle of champagne and when I walked down that isle, thank goodness I only lost one shoe.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Eilis,
LOL...too funny! Family or friend?

Michel,
um...why? Thank GOD for friends and BOOZE!

Gina =)

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home