Monday, January 22, 2007

Weekend recap...

Good morning =)

I had a lovely weekend...hectic, crazy busy, but extremely fun =)

Friday - I went to Vanessa's house (Veronica's sister) to meet with her and Caroline to make up the favors for the bridal shower on Saturday. We put everything together and chatted up a storm. They're really cool girls and we're trying to find some time to hang out soon.

Saturday - Got up and picked up Kim from the subway and headed to the resturant. There was hardly anyone there on time! I got there at 11am...we had the resturant from 12-4pm...Veronica got here (Vanessa drove her) at 12:30pm! And the only people there were me, Kim, Caroline, Veronica's mom, dad, nephew and like 2 friends! It was a mess...of course everyone piled in AFTER she had gotten there! Despite the fact, she had an AWESOME time...she cried...she loved everything. I'm so happy it's over! I had fun planning it, but it was hectic and nerve racking!

The pictures from the shower are here.

Some of my favs are...



V Lee coming in...she's crying!



The happy family...Veronica blowing out the candles on her cake with son AJ, soon-to be husband Jordan, and stepdaughter Victoria.

We played a bunch of games and did a bit of scrapbooking...everyone was asked to bring a picture or 2 of Veronica and make a scrapbooking page. We also asked people to write down a bit of advice to them.

Here's my scrapbooking page:

It went really well. Everyone had fun, she was surprised...it was the best!

Saturday evening I met up with Manu...we went out to dinner (Marbar Hill...yummy Indian food =)), then we came back and watched part of the cricket game...we were watching it live from India on the computer (India vs. the West Indies)...when I left the score was 251-0 India...and I left at like 12:30am...Manu stayed up to watched it the whole thing (of course).

Sunday - I got up...cleaned a little...worked out at home...then went to my friend Shira's for lunch. Whoa...she put out a spread.

first course - salad
second course - corn chowder
third course - spinach lasagna with sides of acorn squash, roasted peppers, zucchini, and tomato salad.
fouth course - chocolate cookies with side of mixed fruit and berries (watermelon, pineapple, cantalope, honeydew, strawberries, blueberries, grapes and clementines)

I ate like a pig! And enjoyed every minute of it =) It was also nice to just hang out and do nothing...it was a bunch of work people that I haven't seen in a while. It was nice to catch up with everyone.

Anyway...hope everyone had a happy MONDAY =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like a good time, Gina! :-)

I'm bad I forgot to call you last week to remind you about the henna for Florida. Is it too late to make some?

Have a good week and talk to you soon!

Laura
10 days from now we'll be together in Florida!!!!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi Laura,
Plenty of time for Florida...remind me to make it Tuesday/Wednesday before the Friday...it only needs 2 days to be pre-mixed.

See you this weekend (are you going to Birka Friday night or Saturday morning?) let me know...(I'm still crashing with you, right?

Gina

10:07 PM  
Blogger Shira and Joey said...

I made it onto your blog :-) That makes me feel special.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

LOL...Shira, you're a hoot! A had a great time on Sunday =)

Thanks again!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home