Monday, August 13, 2007

Pennsic!

I'm back...tired...jammed at work...but very good =)

I had a great Pennsic! Big hugs and kisses to my man for taking such good care of me...and putting up with me (moods and all) for 7 days!!!! *I didn't even want to be with myself after parts of that week!* AND thanks for ALL my PRESENTS!!! You spoil me! And I love it *g*

Big thanks to everyone at O'Choda for making me feel so welcomed!

Hugs to everyone in my 2 households Silverhorde and VDK. I didn't get to visit as much as I would have liked, but when I did see you...I loved every minute!

Rain...nothing more to say there...

Quick weekend recap...
Monday - got there about 2pm...after getting up at 4:45am and getting to Jackie's house at 5:45am...we were on the GWB by 6:09am! Settled in...my honey had some lovely gifts waiting for me...including a pack basket!!! Said my hellos...had dinner with VDK...and went to the O'choda ladies' tea at the Black Pearl...where I drummed the night away! What fun!!!

Tuesday - slept in *g*, walked and walked...rain *did I mention that it rained on Monday too*, bumped into Her Highness of the East...chatted with her for a bit and then got into a conversation that led to me lending her some garb and doing henna on her...and went to the O'Choda Formal...fun party...so glad Robin could make...sorry I went to bed early....damn rain!

Wednesday - CHOCOLATE CHIP PANCAKES!!!! Jared is da bomb! walked and walked some more...I had to get a scroll to EK Royal without getting it wet...UNDERSTATEMENT if I ever could make one...finally after stopping by 5X got someone to leave it with...walked around looking for drum classes...one was cancelled...missed some others =( MIDNIGHT MADNESS...awesome shopping...I def made up for last year...bought stuff for J and myself...GOOD STUFF...will write more about that later...

Thursday - Another lazy day...I spent most of it looking for drum classes again...in the rain...finally found one...sat in on an ensemble class with Melissa Murphey...it was REALLY good. We learned about sound and signals from the band (when to speed up/slow down) and I had a really good time (at Touch the Earth). Then back to O'Choda for Jaji's lamb dinner...WHOA was that a great meal...and it was nice to share it with O'Choda and some Silverhorde members that came out in the rain...then we went over there for a bit to hang out...it was fun =)

Friday - up and busy most of the day...1st day of no rain since MONDAY...hung out with Silvehorde for a bit...hung out with VDK for a bit...worked at Silverhorde for most of the day prepping for the Ladies' Night Party...and what a great party...had a good time...bartended for a bit...and then drummed for a bit...it was PACKED!

Saturday - spent most of the day flitting between Silverhorde and O'Choda...clean up from the party and break down to go home...it was a LONG DAY! I was so glad when we got on the road...we drove to a hotel and was clean and dry for a whole day/night!!! Dinner at Perkins was quite good...it was nice to relax and wind down.

Sunday - late start...and in the car for HOURS...we finally made it back safe and sound after a couple of BAD traffic accidents...glad to be home...miss it, but def glad it's over for now.

BUT...not sure if I'll be there for that long next year if at all. I found out last night from my mother that 2 of my cousins are getting married...in Jan 2008 in the PHILLIPINES...the weddings are 2 weeks apart...which means if I went...I'd have to take at least 2-1/2 weeks off...which leaves very little time for anything else...I have mandatory trips that I make every year that I need to save time for...snowboarding...Fluerida...argh!!!

What to do???

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Missed seeing you at war more- but we can get together anytime!

6:42 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Me too!!!

You'd be so proud of all the drumming I did (or intended to!!)

I'm having such a good time with it =)

Hope to chat with you soon!!!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

It was so cool hanging out - if only for a short time.

tol
m

1:33 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Absolutely Michel!!! I very much enjoyed our lunch together! If you ever need to talk, please call me!!!

Miss ya!
me

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home