Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July!



I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. Despite the rain (in the late afternoon) it was a really fun day!

The day started with my sweetie making ham, cheese, mushroom & red bell pepper eggs. Yummy!

We then ventured out to my friend Marguerite's house in Cornwall-on-Hudson, NY. I've know Marguerite for about 6 years now through various Renaissance faires. She's a fabulous person, herbalist and kindred soul.

At her house, we met some of her friends (it was really nice to Russ and Jan) and neighbors and had a really nice time chatting, eating, and drinking Marguerite's coconut daiquiris! Those were really yummy! (I think I had at least 4 or 5 =P) Then we went into town and saw the parade! I wish I had brought my camera, but it's just as well because it started to pour!!! Jaji and I got wet, but had fun watching the various bands, fire trucks, vintage cars and school and local groups march in the rain and throw candy!

My feet got soaked in the rain when I was down at the parade and Marguerite hooked me up with some cool socks (which she gave me)...how cool are they?



They have shoes on them!!!



Nice pic of Russ and Jan (READ Russ' shirt =P)

The rest of the pics I took are here. Marguerite has some nice books on herbs. There are a couple of shots here of some pages from a books from the 1600s!

All in all, it was a really nice day!

Hope everyone has a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home