Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My wheel fell off!

I know I haven't been on in a while, but as I said earlier I've been really busy. BUT...I just have to share a short story about my wheel falling off my car!

On Saturday evening, I started to hear a *thud thud thud thud* noise in my car. I made it home, but was concerned about going back and forth too much (and I knew I wasn't going to be able to get it to a mechanic right away). So the quick fix, I spent the night at Abby's house on Sunday night as we worked the three-day weekend. Then on Monday, after going out for sushi with the LaBella sisters, Michelle rode with me and described the sound as a helicopter landing in my car, I attempted to drive home. I *almost* go on the highway, but decided to take 17 South so I could get gas. The thud sound got louder, then I heard a really loud one, and the car was sluggish. So I called Michelle, and she said she'd come to get me. And I was about to call AAA, when a tow truck pulled over. He asked if I had a flat, and I said no. He said he had a flat tire down the road, and then I didn't have to call AAA, he was, and he could come back to me. So, Michelle came, then the tow truck came back, and he said that I could get towed to their service center and I would get an estimate before they did any work. So I let him take the car...now I was sitting in Michelle's car waiting for the guy to put my car on the flatbed, when he took a really long time. After a few minutes, I got out the car, and he said, take a look at this.

MY WHEEL FELL OFF MY CAR!!!

http://ginacallender.multiply.com/photos/album/86/My_tire_fell_off

So...I slept over Michelle's and in the more I got a call from the shop and they said that it was going to cost $627! So I decided to call GEICO to get an estimate/advice from them. They suggested I get it towed to one of their service centers and I would only have to pay my $500 deductible. They would cover everything else, and in this case, the $627 didn't include body work.

So....I am waiting to hear how much this estimate is...including body work and when it will all be done.

THANK GOD I wasn't in the car when the wheel fell off!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home