Monday, October 23, 2006

Tour de Bronx



I've gotta say...now that I've done it...I'm BEAT! I had a lot of fun, but I am exhausted. Yesterday I completed the 25 mile (actually 35 miles since I started in Riverdale) route for the 2006 Tour de Bronx cycling event. It's the largest free bike tour in NYC. It was fun...I got to see parts of the Bronx that I has never been in. We got to ride on the Sheridan Expressway, through St. Raymond's Cemetery and ended up in the Botanical Gardens.

My forearms hurt, my shoulders hurt, my hands, back, butt, and legs hurt too. *Note: my legs hurt b/c I wasn't wearing the proper pants and the gears/petal scraped up against my leg...and I got hit by a couple of people*

One of my friends too some pics...so as soon as I get them, I'll load them up.

I think I would go it again, but I'd def do some things differently!

It also took a LONG time! I left the house at 7:30am...and didn't walk back into my house until 4:45pm! *excluding the time I needed to take Kim back to the subway...I didn't get back to my house until 5:30pm* The major reason I think is because they couldn't shut down the whole Bronx! So they would close off sections at a time, so it was a lot of riding, then stopping, etc...I think we stopped about 6-10 times!!!

All in all it was fun, but REALLY tiring! I didn't expect it to last that long! But I survived...and I'm here at work, so...

Happy Monday everyone!

*recap of the weekend coming soon*

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

What a fantastic day!
While I don't think I could take it physically, it sounds so cool!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

It was fun...tiring...but fun. I've been thinking about it...trying to see if I want to do this more...get a bike, etc. But I have time since it's going to snow soon =)

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home