Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I'm going to Pennsic!

So because I've been working so many hours over the past few days...I've accumulated enough time to come to Pennsic! I'm landing in Pittsburg on 8/16/07 at 2:30pm! My friend Kelly from Silverhorde is picking me up! I'll be there in time to help retain for Jana & Lucan (if they need me). I'm even going to make Roman garb *gasp*

*yes I'm going to sew*

If you're just stumbling into this you're probably like huh? It's a long story that I can't go into at the moment, but ask me about it and I'll explain...Pennsic that is.

Anyhoo...my persona in the SCA is a Chinese/Mongol...which is great in the spring, fall and winter...not so good in the summer...I usually go Indian (dot not feather *no offense* during the summer). But because of my dual citizenship...I want to dress the part and I'm making roman garb *a peplos, I think* on Monday. My friend Jackie is going to help me out...actually, because I only have 4 yards of each color (I'm going to make 2)it's not going to flapover...it's going to look more like this..


This picture is from the original series ROME on HBO.

...which I think looks nicer.

Aren't ya proud of me =)

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

That is great news!!!! So I guess the hard work and not killing anyone has paid off!!!! :)

7:53 AM  
Blogger Michel said...

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with - I am sure you will look amazing.

michel

12:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yay!!! I can't wait to see you at War! :-)

1:48 PM  
Blogger Gina said...

Thanks everyone! I am looking forward to it!

I found at home some material that I had bought a long time ago...actually the turquoise silk linen that I am using for one I bought at my first Pennsic(31)! The other is fushia material I have is cotton linen.

I'll let you know how it goes...

3:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home