Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Being sick isn't for pus...ah...the weak of heart!

So I just wanted to recap from the past few days and the weekend.

As you are probably aware, parts of Queens and Westchester are out of electrical service (I work for the local utility and can't publicly say more than this), but I've been working long hours to help correct the issues. In any case, I was told that I had to work 7pm to 7am Friday into Saturday...and then 7am to 7pm Sunday. Now I had plans to go to Rhode Island for the weekend. My friends were giving our friend a surprise bridal shower (as the bridesmaids) and we've had this planned for months. Now a day before I have to go, this is sprung on me. But, you must understand, I can't be upset, I've only bought $500+ worth of stuff...which is sitting in my car and not even going to be able to be there...but can't let system wide emergencies interrupt my personal life. So I cancel going with my friend...and I'll just work...THEN miraculously the powers that be say that I don't have to work that night (it's 4pm Friday) but I have to work Sunday. Ok...so I work as fast as I can to finish up what I need to...and get on the road to RI by 9pm.

I get a call at 10:00pm that I don't have to be in on Sunday, but I'll be on call.

I get there in one piece (made it in 2 1/2 hours) and meet up with Jenness and Tina...wrap all the gifts and crash. Then we get up early in the morning and head to Jill's house...set up the party...fixing up the food...and it rains...stuff is blowing away...bread is getting wet...did I mention that I've been sick the past few days and can't smell or taste ANYTHING? I can't taste alcohol...Jenness who is a chef puts down a magnificant spread and I can't eat any of it!

Danni finally gets there! She comes in the BACK WAY! She is happy and pleased with it all...but has KNOWN for the past few weeks because one of Tim's cousins tells her!!! We are both relieved that we don't have to hide it anymore with being pissed at her cousin! But we have a great time, play lots of games, open her beautiful gifts...it's lovely.

I call in to check to see if I still don't have to go in...they say no...so YEAH...I can enjoy, but wait...I'm SICK!

I had both a wonderful weekend and a sucky weekend...just depends on what perspective.

So things are still crazy at work...and for that I want to take a deep breath and not think about it for 1 min...

relax...and watch this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home