Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday...not quite Friday, but at least it's not Monday!

Hi everyone,
Ok...so...I'm really trying to stay on topic! ok...here goes...updates from the past couple of weeks!

June 30th - drove up to Saugerties, NY to hang out with my friend Cheryl (we went Manhattan College together) and her family! I heard this great band "Big Boss Sausage" and had a great time!

July 1st (part 1) - woke up when Hal showed up (Cheryl's step father that lives in Brazil) and it was so good to see him (it's been 2 or 3 years). I got to catch up and speak with Cheryl, her sister Amy, Amy's husband Chris, Cheryl's mom and stepdad - Carol and Bob ( I think Bob is husband # 3 or #4), Cheryl's cousin John, Bree, Bree's husband and so many others that I haven't seen in ages! It was very cool...I helped prep some food then I went to my friend Jenness' party at her mom's house in NJ.

July 1st (part 2) - What fun! I got to see Jenness, Joe, Laura (Clodagh), Aly, Edana, Cullyn, Adam, Meredith, Fygen, Devoss, Max and (middle son that just came back from Egypt), Rene, Bengali, Rory, Tom and Merriam (sp?), Turi, Robin and a host of cool peeps! I had a great time...hanging in the pool...eating a roast pig! We did miss our friends Pandora and Gideon who were up in RI who couldn't make it! And all of our other peeps in RI!!! I missed Lucan, Cat and Jana (who's my fav writing/reading buddy and has a new blog, Michel, Fiona (I know MA, but near RI), Alaric (MA again, but in New England), etc.

July 3-7 - was a regular work week. I actually didn't physically DO ANYTHING on July 4th as I had a midterm due that Friday. So I stayed home all day and studied! Aren't ya proud of me =)
Oh yeah...I started going back to the gym...I'm trying for 2-3 times a week. On Monday, I did cardio and weights and on Wednesday I did some yoga...

July 8th - Went to the gym & took a cardio kickboxing class...I know I just started back up again and I think that I overdid it...45 min in I thought I was going to DIE! it was too much too soon. I will def go back, but only after I've built up some endurance. Then I spent the day with my friend Liz (she was my roommate at Manahttan College and she moved to Portland, Oregon last year, got engaged in June and just had a baby in April). I hadn't seen her since I was there last March... we had fun catching up and playing with Isabel (now 3 months).




July 9th - I went cycling with my co-worker and one of his friends. I had fun and we did 12.5 miles! BUT my arms, shoulders and back hurt from the forward leaning thing and my crotch hurts from the uncomfortable seat! Now I know why they were wearing those padded shorts! I will def try again...maybe when I visit Grandpa Billy and Aunt Joyce in MD I will go riding with Lisa and Rob.

That's all for now...more later...

Have a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home