Friday, May 08, 2009

Food...glorious FOOD =)

Did I mention that I LOVE FOOD =) Well, if you didn't know that you will certainly find this out in the next few moments =)

So yesterday I got an impromptu invitation to the Grand Central Terminal Grand Gourmet event...OMG! I was in heaven!!! We had VIP tickets, so we got to go in 30 minutes before the general population...I have never eaten so much food in my entire life in so short a time frame! We literally ate NON-STOP from 6:30pm to 7:15pm...and the only reason we stopped so early is because we just couldn't fit any more food into our bellies!

So to give you a glimpse of the food we had, I put together this list (and believe me, I wasn't able to remember everything, so...)
-charred feta in a papaya and grapefruit salad
-beef short rib taco
-tuna tartar wrap (OMG...AWESOME!!)
-fried skate with bi-color beets
-suckling pig
-tuna tartar
-assorted cheese and prosciutto
-Greek salad
-blue cheese stuffed date wrapped in air dried beef jerky
-steak with mushroom gravy and creamed spinach
-mushroom soup
-porter house steak bites
-lobster sausage (Holy moley, I had no idea!!! Check out the picture below!!)
-raspberry creme brule with a dark chocolate spoon
-champagne



Basically a bunch of restaurants were passing out sample dishes and it was phenomenal! Some of the restaurants featured were:
-Kellari Taverna
- Ammos
-Silverleaf Tavern
-Fireside
-Pershing Square
-Public House
-Pera - Mediterranean Brasserie

And there were many more...but I just didn't grab cards from everywhere I went!

What an awesome evening!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home