Tuesday, May 06, 2008

MAY = Asian Pacific American Heritage Month

Hi everyone,
I have participated in a few events already this month to celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Last Thursday, I was invited to Gracie Mansion and had my picture taken with Mayor Bloomberg!!! He had an Asian Pacific American Heritage Celebration and the food and entertainment were wonderful!

Here are some additional events coming up...

May 10 @ 12-6pm - Asian Pacific American Heritage Festival - East 47th St & 2nd Ave (www.capaonline.org)

May 10 @ 1-4pm - Free film showing of "Oasis" (Korean) at the Queens Library in Flushing, Auditorium (41-17 Main St)

May 10 @ 3pm - Free Bangladeshi Music and Dance in at the Queens Library in Long Island City (37-44 21 Street)

May 18 @ 1-4pm - Free film showing of "Namesake" (Indian) at the Queens Library in Flushing, Auditorium (41-17 Main St)

For more information visit www.queenslibrary.org

I am probably going to see Namesake on 5/18 after graduation and I might stop by the Festival in Manhattan (since I will already be in midtown on Saturday).

Have a great day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home