Monday, September 11, 2006

"My Big Fat Cape Cod Wedding"

What a weekend it was...it was a backyard wedding...in the bride's aunt's house in Cape Cod. So I drover up to Providence, RI on Thursday right after work. I had dinner with some friends in Mystic, CT on my way up there (who couldn't make it to the wedding) then hung out and crashed at my aunt's house in RI. In the morning, I drove up to Brewster, MA...and started to help set up. The big top tent was set up the previous day, but we had to set up and decorate all the tables, chairs and decorate the tent. That was pretty much it for Friday...lights all glittery in the tent, set up all the DJ equipment and was pooped by 4pm! The girls went out to dinner that night...a small dinner with about 9 of us. It was fun...then back to the house...where she gave out thank you gifts. Danni's mom is a wonderful artist and hand painted us each a gorgeous box...mine was of a lotus blossom (my fav flower!)...and we had martinis until the wee hours of the morning...I slept like a log! I usually do when I've been drinking!

Saturday morning, up early to help prep stuff for cocktail hour and dinner...we worked from 8:30am until 11:30am...I was still cooking at 11:30am when someone said, "aren't you going to get dressed?" SHIT! Not enough time...I rush to wash up quick...no time for a shower! I throw on my dress...quickly do some makeup and we're processing down the hill...I feel like I'm going to fall in the heels down the grassy sandy hill! We finally get down to the bottom. Our dresses are cobalt blue...We're in the sun...while everyone else is in the shade...I'm sweating! The guys are passing around a bottle of scotch...then pass it down to the girls...I take a swig...bam! I'm feeling it...I haven't eaten all day...it only gets better. Danni walks down the aisle with her dad...they get to the bottom of the hill and he hands her over to Tim. They say their vows...beautiful words to one another...then bam...they're married! We walk out as couples...take lots of pictures...then we're got to finish cooking! Jenness and I change clothes...(she changed clothes, I changed shoes) and we go down the hill. Drinks are placed in our hands...and we drink =) I can't tell you how many drinks or what kinds...but we drank from about noon until 10pm! We had a 92 pound roast pig (roasted on a spit) and 2 deep friend turkeys (I never got to have any!)...and all the food was gone! We cooked for (I only made noodles...I only helped a little with the rest) for 130 people!

AND...it was a themed wedding...they had both been previously married...so it was movie themed "Take Two" and they table "numbers" were movie titles (12 monkeys, Natural born killers, boondock saints, star wars, Table #9(from the wedding singer), and a few more I can't remember)...It was cool! The wedding favor was a "soundtrack" from the wedding...and the guys got to wear 50's bowling shirts with their names on the front and "Take Two, Danni and Tim, 9/9/06"...it was cool. The girls has to wear regular dresses, but the guys had fun with their outfits...it was fun!

IT was some weekend! Alot of fun...good friends...dancing =) I need a few more days off to recover! I barely made it through the day today...I had a 2 hour meeting this morning and I fell asleep! No one noticed, but...I'm going to try to go to bed as soon as I finish my homework!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home