Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What a weekend...

Why did it have to rain? NYRF was pretty much a wash! Saturday was rained out...high winds...we closed half day (when we should have never have opened!) and I lost power that night! *eek* I have never lost power before (my building has b/c I've seen the flashing clocks, but never there when it happened).

Anyway...Sunday was a nice day, but there were hardly any people on site! It was kinda hard too! On Sunday I was working at the Bridge location AND I was floating! Let me tell you! I should have had a pedometer on! I walked that entire site at least 6 times...plus stayed at my own location for a bit...I did ok...but I was pooped! Sunday night I went to bed at 9am! And got up at 7ish...I haven't had 10 hours sleep straight like that in MONTHS!

Monday...well...let's just say that it was something else. There were a TON of people! I personally didn't do much henna, but Crowe and Sylvan were pretty busy. Abby wasn't so I got a chance to hang out with her a little and I got to see Suzie!! She came for a visit, so I was able to chit chat with her a bit. I miss not seeing her all the time...we said to one another that we HAVE to make time to hang out after the season is over. She doesn't live that far away...and we have so much to catch up on...

Anyway...I had dinner with Abby last night...I didn't want to get on the road directly. Couple of weeks ago it took me over 2 hours to get home because of the bridge traffic! So we had a nice relaxing dinner to unwind...when I got on the road at ~ 9pm there was no traffic! It was great!

Anyway...back to work. It's not so bad this week though...I'm off Friday...Danni and Tim are getting married this weekend! So i'll be riding up to RI on Thursday night...staying with my aunt...and driving up to Cape Cod on Friday morning...Can't wait!!!!



Today I leave you with a picture from Pennsic of East Kingdom Court. My apprentice sister Caoilfhionn took the picture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michel said...

Hey you!!!

Give me a call when you get close to RI - I am in Westerly and would love to meet for a late dinner on Thursday - if you are up for it.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sorry you're weekend wasn't so great - but sounds like you had fun visiting with friends. :-) And no traffic last night, perfect!

Laura

10:29 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

yup! Overall it was a bust, but i got to hang out with friends and get some much needed sleep. So I guess overall is was a'right =)

Michel...hope to hook up with you Thursday. Can we meet in Mystic?

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home