Tuesday, May 24, 2011

New Friends...new faires...it's all good!

So I just finished up my 5 weekend run at CTRF - Robinhood Springtime Festival in Guilford, CT. While I was there, I had the pleasure of being placed next to a wonderful harpist, Kathleen Finnegan! As the weeks passed, I was able to get to know her, her husband Bret, and her children. They were a fantastic bunch that loved to come by, chat, get some henna, and just get to know one another. I have to say that I'm happy to have gotten to know them. We've been o the same circuit for a few years, but never "knew" one another.

It really was a pleasure to just sit back some days and listen to the lovely sounds of the harp. I've always appreciated live music and am just enthralled by people talented enough to play musical instruments.

Being that this faire this year, also exposed me to the possibility of working at another faire - Midsummer Fantasy Renaissance Fair in Ansonia, CT. It's three weekends long, but I'm only doing the middle one (June 25-26) as a trial. Depending on how it goes, I may pick it up next year for the full run.

Also, I gave a few pieces of my jewelry to Pacita and Dan to try and sell for me at the The Steam Punk World's Fair. I haven't heard from them yet (it was this past weekend) and I'm curious if they sold anything.

Anyway...that's a quick update on what's been going on with me the past few months. I hope all is well with everyone.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home