Friday, May 04, 2007

TGIF =)

Hi all!

TGIF! It's a gorgeous day! And from what I'm hearing it will be like this through next week!

Yesterday I went into the city for Kim's farwell party at Les Halles! It was really nice to see all the people that I used to work with and salute her for FINALLY getting out (she's been there for over 4 years)...when I got there she was trying to leave and I left afer 16 months...and that was over a year ago! So you do the math!

Anyway, she's finally done with the area...and ready to move onto a new department (I believe somewhere in Engineering =))...

...but let me tell you about the food!

I had the specials (I had another plan in mind, but when the waitress described the specials I changed all my selections!)

For the starter, I had the gumbo tiger prawn grilled with an olive salsa and a side of watercress. Boy was this yummy! It was described as...these guys hang out with the lobsters =P

For my main course, I had the lamb shank with mashed potatoes, asparagus in a fabu brown gravy! YUMMY! This was tender and too tasty to not share (well my neighbors Kim and Jack had a taste!)

This was, of course, accompanied by a couple of glasses of Malbec...umm...semi-dry red...quite tasty!

For dessert, which I opted out, I had a cappucino...which was really yummy!

I was stuffed! I really needed the 14 block walk back to my car after that!
*************************************************************************************
Weekend Plans...

Tonight...dinner at my house...I'm having J over...should be interesting...never cooked for him before...I hope he likes it =)

Saturday...henna at a church fair...check out my Karmic Henna blog for details.

Sunday...off to Spring Caravan in NJ to see Jenness & Dizzy perform...then to Staten Island for fighter practice.

Busy busy weekend ahead!

I hope everyone enjoys theirs =)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger AnalĂ­a said...

Hi Gina! How did J like your dinner? I hope you have had a great time :)
Ani

11:01 PM  
Blogger Michel said...

It was great seeing you on Sunday - so very beautiful and relaxed - that was nice nice nice. I love the new drum you got - too cute. Please tell "J" it was nice meeting him and his glasses rock (I have my own pair) LOL.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

Hi Analia,
My dinner was very nice =) I will be posting about it shortly =)
thanks for asking!

Michel...it was lovely to see you this weekend too. What a surprise! I love my new drum =)
And I will def pass off your message to J about his glasses =)

G

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home