Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Purpose to your life

Sometimes you think...what am I doing with my life?  I know I often wonder that.  On Sunday I had the pleasure of attending the second annual Yonkers Film Festival.  Some of the documentaries i saw were very inspiring and got me to question...what am I doing with my life?

Some of the films that I saw:

By Spoon - the Jay Meisel Story - This was a hysterical fim that outlined the life of Jay, a 30+ year comic book shop owner and retired school teacher.  It was filmed by Anthony Desiato and I think Anthony did a great job chronically Jay's last few months in the business.  If you want a laugh or want to meet a character...check out this 32 minute short film.  You can read more about Anthony on this website.

Not Anymore: The Story of Revolution - This film was directed by Matthew VanDyke and it opened my eyes to the daily things the people of Syria are living though and doing to survive.  I am inspired by the work that Matthew is doing and I hope you take a moment to watch this 14 minute film and see what is really going on and support the people.  People who are trying to find their voice and express it without being punished for it.  You can watch the film on Matthew's website, so be sure to check it out.  Also, Matthew announced yesterday that the film he shot in Libya is going to be released on 10/31/14..."Point and Shoot". 

The Fix - This 90 minute full length film took over 2 years to shadow Junior and his life during his recovery from heroin addition and Hepititis C treatment.

Overall a wide variety of topics, but each a unique story was told.  Well done everyone.

Thanks for sharing your stories for the world to see! 
Gina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home